Connecting 2 Worlds
Yoga Alliance Certified
200 Hrs Yoga Teacher Training
May 01 – Jun 18, 2023
About the Yoga Teacher Training
This 7-week training is designed to connect opposites and to honour the meaning of Yoga. This 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certified training is based on a strong foundation to offer you tools to feel confident to teach and sequence Hot Prana and 26&2 on the rajas side, along with Cool Qi, Yin Yoga, Restorative, and Deep Stretch on the tamas side.
The structure of this YTT invites those who wish to become teachers and anyone who wants to take their practice to a deeper level. It has been carefully structured to honour those who have a set schedule during the day.
A few of the topics you will learn
- Yoga Philosophy
- Introduction to Pranayama (Breathing)
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Introduction to Dhyana (Meditation)
- Articulating clear and direct cues
- Asanas with safe alignment
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Finding your voice as a teacher
- Business of Yoga
- Creating and holding of safe space
- … and so much more
- Pricing includes the cost of the Yoga Alliance Certified 200-hour Teacher Training with Marcus and Wendy.
- It does NOT include the cost of transportation, food, or additional activities outside the Training program.
- Applicants must follow @the_yoga_bar_bc on Instagram.
- Create a video post explaining:
- Why you are passionate about yoga.
- How you envision utilizing our yoga teacher training.
- What makes you a deserving candidate for the scholarship.
- Creativity is encouraged.
- Use the hashtag #TheYogaBarScholarship and tag our Instagram account.
- Submit a copy of the video to our DM @the_yoga_bar_bc for a repost to our social media page.
- Winner will be announced April 24th.
Starting his professional life as a stand-up comedian, writer, and musician while earning his BA in Psychology from Carleton University in Ottawa, Marcus moved out west in 2001 with his band Evoke. He arrived in Vancouver ready for Hollywood, however, life had other plans. Shortly after discovering the self-discipline and unparalleled vitality brought by Yoga, in 2002 Marcus headed to California for a different reason – to became a Bikram Yoga Teacher. He has taught weekly classes of different styles of Yoga ever since.
Another transformation came in 2012 when Marcus completed his YYoga 200 Hour Certification and later created his series Hot Prana in 2014; leading his first teacher training in the new style two years later. Having played football in high school and having been a gym regular since, he combined bodybuilding with Yoga adding music, philosophy, and his knowledge of psychology. In 2017, Marcus concluded his Yin training, so now instead of just singing and playing guitar he has been able to merge his two greatest passions into one.
Marcus is currently working towards a Master’s Degree in Counseling at Athabasca University and recently released Shiva’s Fire Academy, an online personal development school with Hot Prana and Cool Qi as the foundation.
Compassionate, healing-oriented, story-lover, rhythm; an eternal believer, balancing the want and the need.
Wendy’s offerings are a natural language to the heart; intuitive, everexpanding, and above all safe in nature. Her teachings have taken her to many beautiful places within Canada; around North, South, and Central America; and the Caribbean leading Yoga classes, retreats, and trainings.
Diagnosed with Lupus at age 16, Wendy lived through a series of events that threatened her life, pushing her to find a more sustainable way of living. After losing her grandmother/mentor/ally when she was 13, being in heavy treatments for her disease until she was 19, and some heartbreaks in between; she discovered Yoga, Meditation, and Breathwork. It was through these practices that at the age of 23 she entered a remission stage for Lupus This meant the tangible proof of all her hard work using the tools and practices that she created and now teaches to her students. She is an advocate of befriending your body and your mental being.
While studying Yoga, Breathwork, Meditation, Energy Healing, Therapeutic Yoga, Chakra Alignment, Shadow Work, Yoga Philosophy, and Bodywork, she created her craft and teaching style. It has been an amazing 10+ years of teaching.
Sea to Sky Journey
Aerial Teacher Training Level One
November 4, 5, 6, 12th and 13th.
Whether you’re already a certified yoga teacher looking to specialize, or a student looking to plumb the depths of the aerial yoga world, this 40-hour teacher training “Sea to Sky Journey” is everything you need to become an aerial yoga specialist.
You will learn how to:
- Practice and teach over 100 aerial asanas and its modifications: standing and balancing postures, lunges and warriors, backbends and twists, stretches and restoratives, strength builders and hip openers, inversions.
- Create alignment through anatomy, keep students safe in a sequence, apply assists to range of body types and limitations.
- Sequence and create various types of practices, such as conditioning, well-grounded, peak asana and restorative classes.
- Apply anatomy fundamentals in the air, deepening your knowledge about biomechanics and movement-based approach, techniques to reduce pain and heal injuries with the emphasis on the spine.
- Awaken “spiritual spine” by opening its energy channels while performing yoga asana and breath control. Discover the Chakra System that controls all the functions of the body and mind.
- Weave the ethics of yoga philosophy into yoga practice (Yamas and Niyamas). Learn about the history of aerial yoga and its development nowadays.
- Become a confident and skillful aerial yoga teacher, discovering qualities and skills of a good teacher, principles of demonstrations and observations. Learn about time management and group dynamic, fulfilling individual needs and working in various group settings, establishing priorities and safe boundaries.
- Use meditation and breathing techniques to create a holistic practice for your students.
- Understand basic safety requirements for secure rigging and hanging your aerial yoga hammock.
- Certificate of Completion of 40-hour aerial teacher training with The Yoga Bar
- The Yoga Bar Aerial Yoga Manual with detailed analytic instruction of traditional aerial yoga asanas, techniques with correct alignment, cueing, sequencing and modifications for various levels.
- Free Access to The Yoga Bar App with video tutorials how to perform Aerial yoga asanas.
- Access to The Yoga Bar on Demand App for Free Video Tutorials
- Anatomy Book for Aerial Practice
- 6m long Silk Fabric Aerial Hammock with rigging hardware
- TYB’s own Stainless-Steel Water Bottle with TYB logo
- TYB’s own 100% Cotton Tote Bag with TYB logo
- TYB’s 100% All-Natural lip balm
Cost: Early Bird (30 days prior to the training) $1600 plus tax. Regular price: $1800 plus tax
NOTE: A non-refundable deposit of $250 is due upon acceptance of your application and/or to save your place. Payments can be made online.
Cancelation Policy: No refunds if cancelled 30 days prior to the start date.
Slow and Low
Restorative Aerial Teacher Training
December 3rd and 4th.
This continued education module features restorative postures and flows for you to master in a low hammock.
Meditative and rejuvenating, this discipline is where you will learn how to create and hold a sacred space for your students, guiding them to restore physically, mentally and energetically.
The passive experience of sitting with a posture, letting go and letting the process work, is an instruction in finding healthy coping mechanisms to any stressor.
You will learn how to:
- Use effectively your hammock as a prop to enhance both active and passive restorative postures
- Teach with a low hammock for students requiring modification
- Adjust and use various heights of your hammock
- Incorporate bolsters, blocks, straps and sound into classes
- Use meditation and breathing techniques to enhance a restorative experience for your students.
- The Yoga Bar restorative aerial yoga manual
- Certificate of 10-hour continued education with Yoga Alliance (If registered with Yoga Alliance)
- TYB’s own Stainless-Steel Water Bottle with TYB logo
Cost: If combined with 40 hours course: $500 plus tax
Regular price of Restorative course only: $600 plus tax
NOTE: A non-refundable deposit of $100 is due upon acceptance of your
application and/or to save your place. Payments can be made online.
Cancelation policy: Fully refunded if cancelled 30 days prior the training